Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Lion,the Witch and the Wardrobe ( The Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S Lewis

" Narnia they open a door and enter a world"


You must know this story already either from the cartoon or the movie Or you did not have a childhood.

I read this in one sitting and it was time well spent and wonderful to get lost in Narnia and just generally fun to say "Narnia". It's like a wonderful adventure with great characters and animals,giants  other mythical/fairytale creatures and of course The Witch. Can't have a story without a villain now can we.

As you know or might now there are these four kids who go through a wardrobe and end up in another world called Narnia. Peter,Susan, Edmund and Lucy Penvensie and there's an old rhyme

" When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone. 
Sits at Clair Paravel in throne, 
The evil time will be over and done"

This book has a happy ending they fulfill this prophecy and overthrow The Witch and Narnia goes back to how it was. The Penvensie become the new Queens and Kings of Narnia. What I found ironic is that Edmund( Judas!) becomes King Edmund the "Just" . I didn't particularly like his character . He was very , well he was a beast as Peter put it. He betrays he's brother and sister for Turkish Delight? part of me gets that because I'd probably do that to my little brother too, so he gets turned into stone that doesn't sound too bad....but my mom would hate that . Edmund's character was very unpleasant at times but the narrator does state that we shouldn't judge poor Eddy to harshly because the chocolate was bewitched! and Ed does change for the better later in the story. But I still don't like him.

Then there's Aslan!! A lion!!I think anybody would love he's character . I for one loved Aslan when I saw him for the first time when I was a kid in the cartoon. 
The there's Maugrim. I didn't like that Maugrim , a wolf was made out to be a bad guy. I love wolves they're not so bad when they're asleep and you're save behind a fence or up a tree.

Either way this is a great book ,a wonderful book that will remain so for ages too come.
You might just find yourself going into your closet looking for Narnia when you finish this book( NOT that I did or anything because that's just foolish).

Speculation:

Any sensible person knows there can't possibly BE a another world in a closet/wardrobe. BUT what if Narnia is another dimension. Dimensions are real! theoretically right?

Did you know That C.S Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien were friends. Maybe Middle Earth is  another dimension too!! how cool would that be. Party in the Shire, Dinner with the Beavers. 

Aslan would probably eat me and so would Maugrim,but wouldn't it be worth it?

What makes this book even better are the illustrations and the dedication.
That's why I'm grading this classic 5/5

Grade : O





1 comment:

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...