Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Think out loud #1




Think Out Loud.
This is a weekly meme used for bloggers
to post something they would normally not post.
So, post whatever YOU want!

The experiment:
It all started with that one phrase
  "Eerlijjkheid is de beste omweg"

Which means "Honesty is the best policy"
I don't remember where I heard this (did I hear it?) or where I read it (where did it come from?!))

I've just struggled with this paradox for a long time. There's even this other one "thou shalt not lie". Is the truth that great? if being honest is so good ,why is it so hard?

It's an experiment because I try to be honest, I try to live by this phrase.

Results so far:
I am not an honest person, I'm only a person endeavoring to be honest.
It's all been a mere attempt so far. I'm honest where I can be honest, I'm honest when it's hard to be honest, but I lie when I forget , when it's an impulse and I can't take it back.Sometimes I even Lie and then try to make it true so it won't be a lie

You can be honest, it's easiest to be honest with strangers than with friends because there are just things you can't say to them or share because it might hurt. but lying could just make things worse. so silence is my only option.My saving grace in this experiment is that the universe (with all it's attempt to make my life horrid) has given me some great people to call friends , who don't think I'm a jerk when I'm being honest or sarcastic.

Honesty is a double edged blade. You either cut others or yourself.  Good thing is that it's momentary and it saves future discomfort.


The end result and the final answer to this paradox, is honesty really the best policy? Well it ends when I die, when I'm on my death bed I'll know the answer. but in hindsight I already know the answer.I'm only 20 but the truth is Life's a bitch




2 comments:

  1. Wow! This was really thought provoking. Great Think Out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also only 20 and I couldn't agree more. LOL!! Great new meme. It's hard being honest sometimes... it can be too hurtful. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...