Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy : and Other Stories by Tim Burton

From breathtaking stop-action animation to bittersweet modern fairy tales, filmmaker Tim Burton has become known for his unique visual brilliance -- witty and macabre at once. Now he gives birth to a cast of gruesomely sympathetic children -- misunderstood outcasts who struggle to find love and belonging in their cruel, cruel worlds. His lovingly lurid illustrations evoke both the sweetness and the tragedy of these dark yet simple beings -- hopeful, hapless heroes who appeal to the ugly outsider in all of us, and let us laugh at a world we have long left behind (mostly anyway).GOODREADS



I have this new addiction to stumble upon. This is one of my old reviews I decided to post here of a book I found through Stumble Upon.That's what led me to this book.
It's an amazing book, funny, creepy, odd and very lovely. I like the illustrations.
They're odd yet sweet, in a bizzar way.

A match in love with a stick. He thought she was hot. and then quite literally burnt for her.
Crazy parents who have an oyster baby. and end up killing him and eating him to help their sex life.
The mummy boy who gets mistaken for a pineata. And Voodoo Girl, my favorite.

So the stories don't really rhyme , sometimes they do (in my opinion).
Some are also very short and very sad but all around awesome book.

You can read this online (here's a link):
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy : and Other Stories by Tim Burton

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh I think I have seen this book in a book store in Portugal lol o.O it was a small book with short tales and I got like: I WANNA IT but it was quite expensive รต_o" now you provided it for free online I'll surely read it there *----* thanks haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this book. I have the edition with the blue cover! I have always been such a fan of Burton's movies, so decided to read something by him... and just fell even more in love with his creations. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...