Thursday, August 22, 2013

Think Out Loud #9


Think Out Loud.
This is a weekly meme used for bloggers
to post something they would normally not post.
So, post whatever YOU want!

Free falling back into Aniiimeee
I don't remember when I got into anime. Rough estimation is 5 years ago when I watched one episode of Bleach and I was hooked. Before that I had seen other shows like Dragon Balls and Saiyuki on TV. After bleach I was introduced to Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto. When Bleach was on hiatus for awhile I went digging for the mangas. Then I discovered D.Grayman, Hitman Reborn, Dengenki daisy, Personant, Hana Yori Dango. I read all these on one site onemanga.com The site was taken down and hasn't been the same since. So I was put off of the anime world some how.

Then I was watching this video by wongfuproductions where they were at a anime convention and everybody on the floor recommended this anime...So I checked it out. I was hooked by the first episode. You might have heard of it because it seems everybody has been watching it except me! Shingenki no Kyojin! It's amazing!


I still have mixed feelings because I just went into it head first and didn't see that there were only 16 episodes out at the time. I went through them like potato chips. After that desperate for more I went in search of the manga and again  went through them fast and IT'S SO GOOD! 
The characters have great background stories and many strong female leads. Mikasa is one awesome bad ass chick but somehow I find myself liking Sasha Braus more. She's not the best soldier but tries. This anime/manga has great characterization  AS for the plot it's alive: so many twists. Then there's the psychology of the characters: both humans and humans that can turn into titans: I'm still not sure about who's the bad guy and what the titans motive is. This is probably one of the reasons people get hooked on the show.


In episode 3 when Eren get's killed I was shocked because isn't he the main character.  For a moment I thought GRRM was involved following me everywhere after the Red Wedding. 

This show is amazing and full of surprises and scary ugly titans and a bit gory. People die easily. At the end of this goodness you end up thinking two things about the further development of the anime/manga:
1.it's only going to get better or 2. with all the titans in the survey corps and the identities of the Colossal and Armored Titan already known the author,Hajime Isayama, might end up writing himself into a corner. or maybe this is just my irrational fear..I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Now I'm in a state of withdrawal and anticipation. I want the anime to get to where the manga is and I wanna know whats going to happen  next! so many questions need to be answered.


The hope of mankind

Do Do you watch anime?
This anime?
What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate when you are just left hanging waiting to find out what happens next! Great Think Out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on Guam and anime was the kid show of choice. I can't remember the name of the show, but I loved it so much I skipped a day of third grade to watch an episode. I haven't watched anime since, but your post makes me want to dive back in. I really loved the drama and excitement. Great Think Out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG~ I too adore anime!!! Have been watching them since I was a kid. My first was Sailor Moon and then it went to Dragon Ball, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Card Captures, Pokemon, Digimon...etc down the road. I have been in a withdraw for about a year now from watching anime and haven't bought or read a manga in like five years! The last anime I watched was Sword Art Online and Guilty Crown (both are action).

    I would give you a whole list of my favorites to keep you above waters without drowning but... would that be too much? Here are some...If you like watching and reading Shojo: I recommend Kimi ni Todoke, Special A, Itazura na Kiss, and maybe Aishiteruze Baby, Clannad or Kanon?? And if you like suspense/horror: Another was a great anime and so was Elfen Lied. If you like Shonen: One Piece, Macross Frontier, Hidan no Aria, and Gundam Seed....
    OMG I've gone over board!! Okay last one, you must, Super must watch AnoHana!!! Now I super love your post because I'm edging to watch some anime now. XD
    I watch my anime at animehere.com and you can read mangas online anywhere~ You just made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii!! I can't believe I didn't mention pokemon and Digimon...NOw the theme song from Digimon will be in my head the whole day!

      Thank you for your recommendations. I will check some of those. I do like some SHojo mangas I read Dengenki Daisy and loved Hana Yori Dango. However the animes aren't as attractive. Probably because I'm use to anime being action based. Gundam has been on my list for awhile now though. As for Elfen LIed I read that manga up till one point...I'm not sure I wanna go near the anime. Elfen Lied is very..gory.
      I watch anime at animefreak.tv

      You just made my morning!

      Delete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...