Sunday, March 4, 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole

You know how Alice fell through and ended up in Wonderland. Well some books are like that too. Books that just transport you, they take you away. Consume you. Just like that they ingrate themselves into your mind. You can't stop thinking about it. You become completely lost to a wonderful ,brilliant story . A world unlike reality.

some of these rabbit-hole like books:




The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien
When I got my hands on this fantastic trilogy I was completely consumed. It's not a book you finish in a day (not for me at least). You continue reading and then notice how much time has passed and you must go to school. At school but not really there. You're on the freaking Shire!! In the car driving home you're still there. Your on Middle Earth. The sun, The grass. The simplicity of The Shire and the hobbits. all the good and the oncoming bad.
Tolkien did a great job describing things ,creating such a vivid world with such great, honorable and equally bad and evil characters.





Harry Potter by J K Rowling
The Goblet of fire was the first harry potter book I read. I'd seen the movies before and was interested in the books. Lost in such a magical world. Such great  and memorable characters. This is where I started to enjoy reading.






Pet cemetery by Stephen King
Now not all places a book takes you is going to be a wonderful place. I hate Pet Cemetery. It's probably the first book I've well, a little bit, kind off destroyed. The story wasn't bad. or anything. I just hate this book. and that evil diabolical Cat!! After reading this book(which had on the cover a creepy cat on it) I put it in the fridge. I wasn't scared or anything! I just didn't want anything coming out of it and getting me. Like that creepy cat on the cover!. Honestly, no really. why would you want to bring a dead cat back to life! havn't you ever heard of a pet store?!



Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
One of my favorite novels.
The words stay with you I suppose. "I am a free human being and with an independent will". "hell is a pit full of fire". "resurum"
I love the character Jane. She's kind, she's describe as a small weak woman/child. and yet she grows into a fine human being. She's treated horribly but retains her innocents and kindness through it all. And Mr Rochester an equally interesthing character. I loved and enjoy the part where he dressed up as an old gypsy woman to trick Jane. I've read Pride and Prejudice and other works by Jane Austen. but Charlotte Bronte with this one novel beats  Austen. (my opinion)

These are the books right a top of my head that have taken me to wonderful places. Then again there's  Twilight which has taken me to Forks and Dark hunters to New Orleans and Greece. Bleach has taken me to Karakura Town. I've walked through the dirty alley's of London with Mr Hide and the unpleasant Mr Dorian Gray., Through the Louvre and The Library of Congress with Robert Langdon. I've been on so many adventures and that I've done through books only.

Where have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...