Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Few stories are as widely read and as universally cherished by children and adults alike as The Little Prince. Richard Howard's new translation of the beloved classic-published to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Antoine de Saint-Exupry's original artwork. 

I read this last year. Time hasn't changed how good. How brilliant this book is.  How sweet, funny and magical this book is.

It's called "The Little Prince" because it's about a little prince (from another planet).  He leaves his planet, leaves his Rose behind all alone. He goes and visits the other planets near his and Earth.

Th writing is really easy even the grown ups (those strange creatures) can understand and enjoy this book. If not then what a pity that is.

I think the little prince is very wise. I like him a lot. Although this book is funny and you grow to like the little prince. It's also sad. I wish I had a rose of my own.

My favorite part in this book is when the prince meets the Fox and asks the Fox what "tamed" means. To which the Fox answers:

"It's something that's been to often neglected. It means to create ties"

Then the Fox asks the prince to tame him. The prince reluctantly does this. Eventually time goes by and the prince has to leave the Fox. The Fox is sad and cries but gives the prince his secret as a gift.

The fox's secret:

" One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"

What a very wise fox. I wish I had a Fox as a friend. I'm afraid to tame anything,especially a person.

Speculation: The author, Antoine. The guy was a pilot and he crashed his plane more then once. Maybe he did meet the prince in the dessert! maybe it was a mirage! or maybe the guy had a very active and wild, no! fascinating and beautiful  imagination.

This book remains one of the greats. It's dedicated to Leon Werth ( When He Was A Little Boy). We should all try to remember that little boy/girl inside us.  At one point in our life's did we not recognize The Hat for what it truly is . A boa constrictor eating an elephant!!

Grade:   O

2 comments:

  1. LOL. even weird creatures like grown-ups can understand it? Good to know. :) I loved the movie, but still haven't read te book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It sounded really good now I read your review. My granny used to read it to me when I was like 6/5 years, I can't remember and I hated it lol, but I was a kid ._. and I didn't like to read very much. Now I think it is a good chance to try it again :3' loved the review ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...