Monday, December 26, 2011

A Demon from the Dark & Dreams of a Dark warrior by Kresley Cole (Immortals After Dark 10 &11)

So it's Christmas vacation and what I should be doing is getting some studying and school stuff done. Yet this weekend I ended up going on a (book)bender. I'm reading books I shouldn't be reading instead of books I should be reading for school. It's my fault I should have resisted more but I couldn't.  This weekend I read the last 2 books from the Immortals After Dark series: A Demon from the Dark and  Dreams of a Dark Warrior. Both books run parallel with each other so fair warning: if you read  Demon from the Dark you're going to want to read Dreams of a Dark Warrior. The temptation is irresistible.

Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
 
A DANGEROUS DEMON SHE CAN’T RESIST . . .
 
Malkom Slaine: tormented by his sordid past and racked by vampiric hungers, he’s pushed to the brink by the green-eyed beauty under his guard.
 
A MADDENING WITCH HE ACHES TO CLAIM . . .
 
Carrow Graie: hiding her own sorrows, she lives only for the next party or prank. Until she meets a tortured warrior worth saving.
 
TRAPPED TOGETHER IN A SAVAGE PRISON . . .

In order for Malkom and Carrow to survive, he must unleash both the demon and vampire inside him. When Malkom becomes the nightmare his own people feared, will he lose the woman he craves body and soul?

In Pleasure of a Dark Prince many creatures from the Lore were kidnapped . Carrow Graie and Regin the Radiant being among the ones taken. They're kidnapped by an organisation called The Oder: this organisation thinks the creatures from the Lore are abominations ,who want to destroy mankind . So they go around kidnapping creatures from the Lore to interrogate and study them.

Carrow is taken because the order wants to use her. They want to send her into another plane called Oblivione(hell,dessert like realm) to get a venom( vampire/demon creature) named Malkom  Slain. Carrow is blackmailed into doing this by her captures. If she refuses they will kill her and her niece Ruby and if she does they'll let her and Ruby go free(which they don't do). So carrow has no choice but to accept. She goes to get Malkom, who turns out to be some kind of barbaric caveman because he's been  alone and surviving in the dessert for a very long time. Being a vampire and a demon he recognizes Carrow as his bride and mate,so he can't kill Carrow. At first it was annoying because Malkom and Carrow couldn't communicate with each other . Malkom didn't understand what she said although there is a scene where Carrow explains to Malkom using her hands and a twig that they can't have sex which was very  amusing. Malkom eventually remembers some of the language and his speech improves. It was cute when  he said 'carrow is malkom"s". with little words the venom wins you over. Although Malkom's character is haunting because well his introduction was very barbaric. you'd think he was something from predator vs aliens. but his character develops and you learn to like him. Carrow was right when she said "Malkom is noble".

Just like the other novels in the series the book is told from the hero and the heroins pov. Carrow betrays Malkom and Malkom at first wants to kill her (naturally) but later when they escape the Orders prison he finds out why she betrayed him. Although he understands he still can't trust her.

This was an amusing ,sad and one of the best books in the series. I felt for Malkom. He's had it rough but he's really understanding but not very forgiving , "Those who betray me, only do it once'. When I read that line ,it sent chills down my spine.That was annoying tho, even I thought he wasn't going to forgive Carrow. I thought he was being a really mean jerk but at the same time I understood why. Although Carrow was hurting she wasn't going to give up on him. I liked that about her. 

I loved this book . It leaves you with so many questions . Uileam Magrieve, Lante, Thanatos, Lothaire, and Regin were among the other prisoners. When they escape Lante gets taken by Thanatos. Uileam escapes. but what about Lothaire and Regin??. There was even a centaur in this book!

Carrow and Ruby escape with Malkoms help. They're on some kind of island. It was kind of a dreary setting tho lots of rain and fog. But Malkoms able to find a cabin for them to stay in ( found it by throwing the original occupants out).

This was a great read and  it made me curious about the other characters aswell. We know Milanth, Sabins sister , is being pursued by Thanatos . He gets himself captured aswell, so he can get to Lante. During the escape Lante gets captured by him . Also the warden Declan Chase. he's described as  cold and insane. And something's going on between him and Regin the Radiant. So many unanswered questions I just had to read Dreams of a Dark Warrior!

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

This starts off with the narrator telling the tale of
Regin the Radiant and Aidan the Fierce and their curse. Aidan is a beserker who recognizes his mate in the young valkyre  Regin. He then promises to wed her when she's older. Regin is immortal so Aidan tries to achieve ohalla( if he fights 200 battles in the name of Woden he will be immortal too) but he dies before he could achieve that but promises that he will always come for Regin. That's where the curse comes in. Aidan keeps getting reincarnated but with no memory and when he and Regin cross paths, when they kiss Aidan remembers everything and later dies .

In Dreams of a Dark Warrior Aidan comes back as Declan Chase , the warden of The Order . And boy is this book the best I've read from the series! I loved it. Declan is so damaged it's scary. Regin soon finds out it's Aidan's reincarnation and plans to escape by making Declan remember the past but in the end she can't do it.

This was the steamiest, most action packed one ever. Regin is so bad ass and arrogant . You can't help but love her.As  for Declan I was screaming inside for the guy to not be so evil, not to do something he'd regret. As his character develops you feel for the guy.

Then there's Lothaire. My god, the guy is arrogant and evil. and what's the deal between him and Nix?! I don't know if I'm happy his books coming out next year or not. I have mix feelings about him. and I didn't find out what happened to Lanthe.

This was an awesome book I give it 5 stars!

5 comments:

  1. I finally picked up the first book in this series and found it, well, very addictive! :o) I loved the Valkyrie aunties. I have No Rest for the Wicked in my hands to start next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm another Wroth brother. you'r gonna enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished No Rest for the Wicked and found it HIGHLY entertaining as well! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, man... Demon from the Dark was my first book by her... and it was... woooof. SUPER MEGA hot. and funny. I LOVED it! I paln on buying her whole series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yea Definitely SUPERMEGA HOT. You summed it up prefectly with "wooof'
      Awesome,althoug think twice before buying Lothaire's book. He's a douche

      Delete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...