Monday, December 26, 2011

Top 10 Books I've Read 2011

While I was browsing on my friends blog I came across this event to celebrate the books we've read in 2011. The event is hosted by A Lifebound Bound by Books,Confessions of a Bookaholic,Two Chicks on Books and Fikshun. I think it's a great, fantastic idea and that's why I'm participating (eventhough I'm kind of confused about the whole "linky" thing they kept mentioning). This year I challenged myself to read 100 books and I'm going to choose my top 10 books from that hundred. It was easy choosing 10 books, well not so easy the 10th book was  difficult . I had to choose between 3. Anyways here are the top 10 books I've read in 2011.


Book#1 Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I love the dark-hunter novels by Sherrilyn kenyon. Seize the Night was wonderful but also sad because of all the bad stuff that happened with nick and ash . Tabitha losing her sister and everybody dying and then coming back to life. That sucked and all but I love Tabitha she's awesome , pinerolli,come one?! As for Valeruis, you can't help but like the guy, at least that's just me. This book is my number one favorite because the title won't leave my head. Seize the night, Carpe Noctum. 

Book#2 Unleash the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Yeah, so I think I've mentioned that I LOVE the dark-hunters. They are mad,bad and immortal after all.
So if you've read this one,  then you already know it's a favorite because of Wren.

Book#3 Dance with the Devil By Sherrilyn Kenyon
Alright, Zarek of Moesia. This guy should be the definition of "psycho". I loved Zareks book. It was awesome. But what makes it great  is that both Zarek and Astrid love "The Little Prince". They quoted from that book, and that just touched me somehow. After reading Dance with the Devil, I went on to read The Little Prince.


Book#4 The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery
Come on, did you not see that coming? It's a story about a boy who has a rose, he loves very much. He then goes out to the other planets looking for something to protect his planet from  the growing baobab. It's actually a very beautiful story. My favorite part is when the fox asks the boy to tame him. The boy doesn't know what tamed is so the fox tells him: tamed means "to create ties" For some reason I was sold.

Book#5 Infinity(chronicles of nick1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
So, I've kind of lost interest in Young Adult novels. Well the ones like Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Academy, yuck. I'm not saying they suck because I haven't read them yet. Never judge a book by it's cover after all. It was never my intention to read Infinity but I had already gone through all the dark-hunter novels and impatiently waiting for The Guardian to come out. So I read Infinity just to pass time. And it was AWESOME. It was funny, it was action packed, it left you with questions. It was Nick Gautier , the young little cajun  from page one to the end leaving you wanting more. Maybe my interest in YA novels hasn't dissipated yet. To Infinity!!!

Book#6 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A brilliant story narrated by death himself. I read this book because I liked the title "The Book Thief" not that I like stealing or anything. I just sometimes burrow things and forget to give them back. It's an issue I'm working on. I can't wait to read more of Markus Zusak's books. I intend to buy The Book Thief ( I read the eBook). I loved the  characters Liesel and Max and the story of the stand-over man and the drawings had a great affect.  

Book#7 The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins
This had to be in the top 10. I still don't know how I feel about this book. I only know one things clear, this book is brilliant and deserves a place in the top 10. I don't know why but this book left me with a feeling of , I don't know. fear. That's irrational right? but I just don't know. This book was sad, frigtening, but great. 


Book#8 Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Another awesome conspiracy woven by Dan Brown! I love conspiracies and Angels and Demons did not dissapoint.  Science vs Religion. This book was THE anti-mater .

Book#9 Lover Awakened by J R Ward
"I was dead until you found me though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came and I was awakened". Man, Z was so broken . He still is but he has Bella now. Black Dagger Brotherhood is another one of my favorites.
  


Number 10 was a difficult decision between 1. Ice Cole (Tess Gerritsen), 2. The Guardian (Sherrilyn Kenyon),3. The Keepsake (Tess Gerritsen), so I let my mom pick a number between 1 and 3. She picked 2!

Book#10 The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I loved this book because I got to read more about Jaden! mesmerizing eyes, tortured soul, smart mouth Jaden.



4 comments:

  1. I love the Dark Dagger Brotherhood series and The Hunger Games. I need to try some Sherrilyn Kenyon books. I hear she is fantastic PNR author. Great picks!
    My Top 10 of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is!! please do try some Kenyon. I'm currently in withdrawl cuz her next DH Novel comes out next year august something :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I agree, The Book Thief is brilliant! I real Dance with the Devil, too, this year & I loved The Little Prince quotations & planned to re-read The Lille Prince, cause it's been years since I read it, but I forgot ;) so thanks for reminding me ;) Still haven't read anything from Tess Gerritsen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...