Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen

I love Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli&Isle serie!. A boy from from school lent me one of her books (from the series) that's when I got hooked. I wanted to read them all and  I did cuz the guy had them all. A couple of months ago I found out there was a tv serie!! I havn't seen it yet but really want to. Unfortunatly it doesn't air in my country yet. But that doesn't bother me as much as finding out there were 2 more books out from the serie and I HAD NO CLUE!. Ice Cold and The Silent Girl. So when I found it in a bookstore I had to buy it (I'm broke now btw) and it was worth  the money. and worth being broke now.



Ice cold starts off with Maura Isle going to wyoming for a conference. Father Brophy( Father in the literal sense(guy is a PRIEST)) drops her off at the airport. There affaire has reached the point where it's not about the hot sex anymore and more about Daniel (priest) choosing between Maura and the priesthood. Anyways Maura meets a guy, Dough at the conference  who she went to school with, who invites her to go skiing with him and his friends. Maura, who's always the levelheaded one, agrees and that's how the worst weekend of Maura Isle's life happenes.

I really liked this book and it took me back to why  I love this series. I got to reacquaint myself with my favorite characters Maura Isle and Jane Rizzoli.

What I liked about this book was the horror story kind of feeling it gave. The abandoned houses, the dead animals, the footprints in the snow. And when the owner of the supermarket warns then about a place called  "Kingdom Come" and they end up on an abandoned road and find a sign that says "welcome to kingdom come". and then continue to find strange things. It really made you wonder What DID  happen to the people.
When Jane comes looking for Maura and they end up finding a body that matches a woman of Maura isles height and weight they all think she's dead. I didn't , although while I was reading, I didn't really believe she was dead, so I skimmed through a couple of pages just to make sure she was still alive.

I liked Rats character and old characters like Sansone and Lucy ( the mephisto club) are also in this book.
Daniel and Sansone have  a moment where (when they're returning to Boston with "Maura's" body) they kind of have an argument about who loved her more. Although I think having an affair with a priest is wack (bad) . I like Daniels character. and how Maura is with the guy. And I feel sorry that she breaks up with em, well maybe I feel bad for the priest .  Maura loves him but he is also the cause of her unhappiness.

The book ends with a twist. At first everything kind of led to it being a case of mass murder but it was actually just an accident .

I can't wait to read The Silent Girl .
Ice Cold is another awesome book by Tess Gerritsen ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for reading!
what are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...